Here are some answers to questions you commonly ask us. We are always interested in your feedback to help improve the services at Annette Kellerman so please get in touch if you have any further questions.
Talk to one of our friendly staff members or submit an enquiry via the contact us page.
Frequently Asked Questions Expand all
Why should i join?
Our centre is one of the best equipped health clubs in the area at a price anyone can afford. All memberships come with our Face2face 5 stage personalised training program along with an additional session every 6-8 weeks to update your workout at no extra cost. To find out more about this excellent program visit the facilities section!
Our Personal Trainers are fully qualified so you can be assured you are receiving quality service and advice from our staff who are trained to help you achieve your ultimate fitness results.
What are the fees?
With membership categories to suit all members of the community there will be a cost-effective membership for you. See to your left our standard membership options. If you wish to discuss what option is best for you please contact our health club staff and they can assist you in choosing the right one!
Do you provide health assessments?
Please refer to our Face2face program for information regarding a health assessement and personalised training program. It is recommended that all new members meet with one of our qualified instructors so we can determine your goals and recommend the correct training program for you.
What are the Terms & Conditions of the membership?
For a copy of our T&C's click here.
What age can I use the gym?
No person under the age of 15 may use the gym
Children aged 15 must be supervised closely by a responsible adult aged over 18 at all times. They may use cardiovascular equipment only, no weights equipment and only medium or low intensity group fitness classes agreed by a fitness trainer can be attended. A Pre-Exercise Questionnaire must be completed and a consultation with the fitness team must be attended prior to any gym use
Over 16s have access to the entire gym and all group fitness classes without supervision
This centre is supervised for the safety and comfort of patrons in accordance with relevant safety guidelines. Accordingly, the following conditions of Entry and Use apply.
- Management have the right to refuse entry.
- Children under 16 years of age are to be accompanied and closely supervised by a responsible adult 18years or older at all times. Children unaccompanied by an adult may be prevented from entry at the discretion of staff.
- Children under 5years of age are to be within arm reach of their parent or guardian at all times.
- Patrons must follow the instructions given by AKAC staff at all times. Management reserves the right to ask any patron who does not obey signage, the directives of staff, or Conditions of Use and Entry to leave the facility and further entry may be refused.
- Patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- No abusive, offensive or disruptive behaviour or language.
- No running, pushing, backflips, bombing or holding breath underwater for competitions. Diving is only permitted where the depth of the pool is greater than 1.2metres (please seek advice from AKAC pool lifeguards clarification).
- No animals, drugs, alcohol, glass or porcelain allowed inside the facility. Banned items such as, but not limited to bikes, scooter, skateboards, and any type of ball are not permitted on the premises. There is no smoking permitted in this facility.
- Management takes no responsibility for personal belongings.
- Patrons enter the centre at their own risk. By entering the centre Patrons accept that the operator is not liable for loss or injury however caused, and consent to receiving any first aid treatment that the centre’s staff may reasonably consider necessary or desirable in the event they suffer and injury whilst at the centre.
- Season and Multi Visit Passes are valid for 12 months from Date of Purchase.
- Coaching or training must not be conducted for fee or reward without the prior permission of the Centre Management.
- No photography, except with the permission of the subject and (the subject is under 18years of age) their parent or guardian
The Royal Lifesaving Society’s Keep Watch Program guidelines are implemented in this centre.