Marrickville Swim Club
Marrickville Swim Club
Marrickville Swim Club welcomes all current centre members, local community members, competitive swimmers or interested swimmers to get involved in the activities provided by our club.
Catering to anyone interested in swimming competitively, just for fitness or anyone who is just starting out in squad swimming. Our aim is to encourage swimming and provide members of all levels of ability the opportunity to swim competitively.
We are affiliated with Swimming NSW & Sydney Metro North West Area.
Why Should I join Marrickville Swim & other FAQ's Expand all
Why join a swimming Club.
There are many benefits of being a member of a swimming club. They include:
- The opportunity to form long lasting friendships with other swimmers, parents, officials, coaches etc as part of a team, especially at club nights or at other club carnivals, while participating in a sport they enjoy.
- Experience all levels of competition -
- Swimmers have the opportunity to attend regular club nights, local competitions, State Championships (including MultiClass competitions) and National Championships
- The opportunity to be selected in the Junior Excellence Program
- Recognising athletes from 9 – 13 years who have achieved certain standards
- The opportunity to be selected in the Youth Performance Squad
- Recognising athletes from 13-16 years who have achieved certain standards and is an extension of the JX Program.
How often are Club Nights
Club nights are run on a monthly basis and are usually the first friday of each month.
For a list of dates check out our events page
How do i know if im good enough to join up.
There is no required minimum standard to join the club swimmers of all ages & abilities are encouraged to join.
If your child is imnterested in trying out racing and can swim 25 metres they should look at joining the club or trying one of our monthly race nights.
Racing provides an outlet have fun whilst improving their skills and times,
It is recomended that anyone in the squads program should join Marrickville Swim Club or attempt to be a regular at our monthly race nights.
What if i also play another sport?
It is certainly OK to compete in a variety of sports as a young child.
In fact, swim coaches see the benefits of participating in numerous sports and activities as a pre-teen as this helps with the development of general fitness, coordination and skill acquisition.
By the age of 13-14 years however, if you want to be serious about swimming and achieve at the highest level, it is recommended that you specialise in just swimming and perhaps one other complementary activity (such as surf club, water polo, triathlon etc). This is due to the rigorous demands of training for swimming and competing at the National Level. The Performance Squads at Annette kellerman are designed for serious swimmers and therefore will have minimum attendance standards.
Marrickville Swim Club caters for the more social swimmers with our monthly race nights.